Sunday, August 10, 2008
Passed the Test
When Gerrit had his 15 month check up (July 28), one of the topics of discussion was autism. I was going to ask about screening for it (not that I think he's autistic, I just see quite a bit of it at my job and so its on my mind a lot) but they beat me to it. There is a questionaire to fill out while you wait and then discuss the answers with the Dr. I filled it out and in our discussion, the only area that Gerrit didn't 'pass' was copying others. I couldn't think of times when Gerrit copies what we do. It is nothing of alarm and something that I would focus on watching over the next few months to report back at his next visit. Well, today he passed the test for sure! (I know there have been other times I just couldn't think of any). While Adam was assisting him with his dinner Gerrit farted and then laughed about it. Adam started making farting noises with his mouth and Gerrit laughed every time Adam made a fart noise. Then Gerrit started to make farting noises with his mouth! So, he has officially passed the autism test! Now telling his Dr. what he did to copy us is another story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am enjoying your blog and pictures more than I can even say!
Love, Marcy
Post a Comment