Adam came home early today and as had a "surprise" waiting. I should've know it wasn't for me because the first thing out of Adam's mouth was "where's Gerrit"? not "Happy Anniversary". I was taking care of laundry and Gerrit was sleeping when he came home. He asked me to stop what I was doing and come upstairs . Seeing it was our anniversary, I, like most women would think - flowers! ...but to my surprise, this is what I found in the middle of our living room:
On Adam's way to a meeting this morning, he saw this basketball hoop being set out in the front of a second hand children's store. He didn't have time to stop but thought if it was there on his way home from the meeting, he would stop. HE wanted it! I had to laugh because that is so out of character for him! (He admits this too!)
Didn't take long for him to figure out that he wanted to 'dunk'! Just kidding, he just liked grabbing the net - hopefully there is enough weight in the bottom of the base that he can't pull it over on himself!
Even though I didn't get flowers on my anniversary, I was given something much more - another reason to love my husband and laugh at him too. I look forward to many more year of Adam making me laugh!
love ya sweets!

3 comments:
It may not be a gift for you, but this is something you can both enjoy as you watch Gerrit learn to play the game of BB. I'm sure it will last longer than a bouquet of flowers, as nice as those would have been.
OMAH
happy anniversary :) 10 yrs. wow. it feels like it was just yesterday that you guys moved into the lovely apartment in st. paul. :)
well it's not flowers, but i bet it keeps gerrit busy - which is the perfect present, if you ask me!!
happy anniversary a few days late!
and ... i agree with elizabeth .. if it keeps gerrit busy .. that's a much better present than flowers anyway ;)
Post a Comment