With Adam on a ride with Gerrit, I felt motived to made a nice meal tonight. Not having a kid nag me to be held while I get dinner ready is a real treat! So, I started with a little left over pesto - homemade with fresh basil thanks to next door neighbor Nick's herb garden - and topped chicken with it (top right). Then, I went and picked fresh green beans from our garden and cooked them with sprigs of rosemary from Nick (top left). The salad was made up of cucumbers from Dahlen's garden, the tomatoes, green pepper, and red pepper from our garden (bottom right). A plate of cukes left over for Gerrit in the bottom left are from Dahlen's too.

I must say I was pretty impressed with myself and my homegrown dinner! It tasted yummy and hopefully we will have more meals with our homegrown ingredients.
For those of you who don't know who Martha and Rebecca are: its Martha Stewart and Rebecca Coles the gardener...
3 comments:
check you out!
It looks "ummy". I'm impressed. Martha & Rebecca did a good job with you. OMAH
Looks delicious! Maybe you can teach me some quick dinners!
Post a Comment