Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy Monday

It was my first official day back to school. Adam is out of town one more night so it was just Gerrit and I after work. I worked my part time hours today (workshop week things are a bit flexible) so I was home by 3:30. We headed to the pool and met our friends Nikki and her 2 kids, Abby and Olivia. From there we headed home for some dinner. Being just the 2 of us, I decided it was a good night for Belgian waffles! Gerrit was so cute eating his waffle and trying to use his fork, I had to capture the moment. No, the camera usually not in the dining room, but it happened to be in the living room from having it at the pool. Anyways, here are a few photos from dinner:


I got a good laugh out of dinner tonight. Watching him use his fork to get the entire quarter of that waffle up to his mouth took some talent! He ended up eating 1/2 a Belgian waffle which shocked me! I don't know where the kid stores it - he can barely keep his pants on!

Following dinner we were invited to do 'chase' to Northfield. Even though Adam wasn't home or riding tonight, Gerrit and I went along with Anne and Luke to get 3 of the guys in Northfield. We always stop at this little bar for some snacks on the deck and then head home. While we were waiting for Anne to pick us up, we played outside a bit. Gerrit ran into the garage and headed right for the tricycle. This was passed down to him from Dahlen's, so we are storing it until Gerrit is big enough to ride it. Well, he thinks he's big enough for it:


My back gets quite sore as I have to push him seeing he can't reach the pedals yet! He knows how to hang on quite well without anyone telling him what to do. Guess all those times watching Dad ride his bike has paid off!

Ya, he's sporting his new crocks. I know his outfit is pretty hideous looking but I figured as cool as our nights have been he should have pants on so I grabbed his knit pants. I didn't think his sandals would look good with these pants and didn't want him to wear his new tennies so I put socks on and then the crocks (plus they are so darn cute!). And I was too lazy to change his shirt. Thus, the odd looking outfit!

Side note: while in Northfield, Gerrit decided to 'season' the pitcher of beer - with his sock! He was sitting on dentist Dave's lap and had managed to get his shoe off and was working on getting the sock off too. He got his sock off and once he has something in his hand, he usually throws it - well, this was no different. He threw it across the table and it landed in the pitcher of beer! So we had a good laugh at that and how the taste of the beer was altered by Gerrit's sock. Good thing we are good friends and they didn't mind - I did tell them that it was a clean sock at least!

We look forward to having Adam home (he's only gone 2 nights) tomorrow and there are no guarantees that tomorrow will be as eventful as tonight either.

No comments: