Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mac and Cheese Please!

With Adam not home for dinner (traveling for work), we had a casual dinner. I didn't feel like making much so tonight was Mac and Cheese, can you tell?

I made a single serving pack and if I told you he ate most of it, you'd say ya right - 1/2 is on his face! True, but he did eat most of it and left a few for a snack later tonight! If you look close you'll see a noodle stuck on his cheek. He does eat quite well and tries hard to use his fork. He realizes it is faster to use his hands so by the end of the meal, the fork is usually on the ground.

Following dinner we went to see Paul's football scrimmage with Luke and Anne. It gave us something to do seeing Adam wasn't due back till 8ish. (He put on 1400 miles this week! ) Gerrit didn't know what to think of the boys in their pads and helmets but enjoyed running on the field! I got him off before he could get tackled by the players, don't worry. It was fun to watch 6th grade boys play football with only a week of practice so far. It could be Gerrit out there someday... Personally, I'm hoping for soccer as his fall sport because it has a bit less contact but we shall see!

2 comments:

cora stremler said...

OMAH is for soccer, too. Maybe his cousins Max & Ella will encourage him in that sport since they are both in a league this fall.

Cara said...

He looks like Pooh bear who has been into his honey, but Gerrit got into Mac & Cheese instead! Thanks for keeping us in the loop with the crazy things he does or says! It is great "seeing" him grow up when we aren't there to see it happen! :-) Hugs & kisses,
Aunt Cara