As much fun as Gerrit is becoming the older he gets, the more difficult he is also becoming. Tonight for example...he was into throwing things - especially items that are not suppose to be thrown like the coaster holder (solid wood). He threw it when his father had told him not to so he got a 'talking to' at least 4 times. He was in a time out of sorts (held tight by dad on dad's lap) and even I had to talk to him after he threw it again.
As Adam was giving Gerrit his 'talk', I looked on from a distance and saw Gerrit's eyes - looking everywhere but at Adam and showing Adam that he could care less about the lecture Adam was giving him in a stern voice. I wanted to laugh but of course didn't but it was very obvious Gerrit knew what he was doing and that he wasn't suppose to be throwing the coaster holder.
At one point, Adam was so frustrated/mad that he said I had to put Gerrit to bed - he was too upset with him! (Adam had agreed to put him to bed so I could continue knitting) Again, I wanted to laugh at how upset Adam was.
We both have come to the conclusion that we are entering the 'terrible twos' a bit early and we've heard from some friends that the threes are worse! Man, its going to be a couple of long years! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment