Today we woke up to snow! I knew it was going to snow, but didn't realize it would stick! By afternoon it had melted so my fears of not having Christmas lights on the bushes was a bit premature.
Our morning started out as normal; although I knew I need a bit more time to clean the car off of snow before we left. We took our shower as usual - Gerrit needs to take one with me these days which doesn't bother me. He had filled his pants which I thought was good timing seeing he'd get a new diaper following the shower. The only bummer was that it smelled in the shower and I had to make sure he was 'clean' before getting out. Following the shower I usually turn on sports center to keep Gerrit occupied while I dry him off and put the new diaper on etc. Today was no different. As I tried to entice Gerrit to come and get his diaper on, he decided to finish his "business". He pooped in 3 places b/c he was trying to get away from me, once I realized what he was doing,. I followed him around the couch back to the bathroom where he noticed poop on his leg and when he reached down to touch it, he fell on his butt - another spot on the carpet! I quickly got him back into the shower which he willing went for and scrubbed him down. I left him there to play while I cleaned up the blobs and grabbed the carpet cleaner. As I was cleaning the spots, Gerrit got himself out of the shower and slipped causing him to cry. Again I went running and was able to comfort him and put a diaper on him before more damage was done. Once Gerrit was set, I finished dealing with the carpet and we continued on our normal routine.
Because Gerrit doesn't like to get dressed I decided I'd put his clothes on while he was playing. I didn't think he'd need a clean diaper seeing he just did his business and had a clean on one after his shower. Well think again, he filled his pants after breakfast (when he normally does his business) so I had to change him after all! Ugg.
We made it to daycare on time - surprisingly. Once I dropped him off and started down the street toward the highway, I took a deep breath and was thankful that I was headed to work!
I figured Gerrit would do his business w/o a diaper on at some point, I was just hoping I wouldn't be alone or it would happen when I wasn't home. Think again!
PS - Based on his reaction to this mornings events, I don't think he's ready for potty training yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bill loved the entry! I'm sorry you had to clean it up three times, but thought it was funny too. (I may not be laughing if & when it happens to me!)
Post a Comment