I wasn't planning on joining Adam and Gerrit to Iowa due to my illness yesterday but I seemed to have kept the food that I was eating in long enough to feel it was safe to travel 4 hrs in a car. So, we are in Iowa City, along with 3 other families from Z-town. We had a rat race of a time finding the restaurant, which seemed to be out of business - why didn't either of the guys working at the gas stations I stopped at to ask for directions tell me this? Thank goodness for cell phones, we all made it and had a nice dinner.
I am currently sitting in the dark listening to Gerrit page thru his book as that seems to be a new nightly habit of his. We have limited it to a Curious George book because he tends to trash the pages. I think he finally put the book down and fell asleep. :) I can't complain, he took a 2 hr nap in the car - which was needed seeing he was up at 5 this am. (Snuggling with dad isn't quite the same as mom, I guess).
The weather tomorrow should be decent - in the 40s which will make being outside all day tolerable. We have 4 people racing in 3 different races plus the pros so it will be a long day. Hopefully Gerrit will make it and squeeze a nap in at some point too. Till tomorrow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you felt well enough to go to Iowa! Hope you all stay healthy.
So happy and relieved you could all go to Iowa. Have a great time and stay well. Best Wishes to all the bikers in the race. OMAH
Post a Comment