Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ornaments

Putting the ornaments on the tree was a bit of a challenge this year. All the soft and unbreakables are hanging low and all the fragile and 'ball' looking ornaments are high.

Gerrit tried putting this ornament on his head:


He took a liking to all the bicycle ornaments. He took this one and has been playing with it most of the afternoon.I had to have Adam take Gerrit downstairs so I could continue putting ornaments on because as soon as I put one on, Gerrit took one off! I was ready to leave the tree with just lights this year but knew how much I enjoyed putting on the ornaments I have collected over the years. I think putting the ornaments on is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

It could look better but with a 19 month old, I think it looks pretty good. He hasn't been near the tree since I finished it so we shall see how it looks after Gerrit checks it out again. (The pointy needles don't seem to bother him - nice idea Omah)

1 comment:

cora stremler said...

here always has to be someone special in every family. Guess my trick doesn't work for everyone.Thanks for trying! LOVE, OMAH