Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not Quite Ready

Gerrit and I were hanging out in the living room after lunch. He found a piece of gum (cheap stuff) left from Halloween on the floor (he threw many of them out of his bucket and we are slowly finding them) and the next thing I knew, he had unwrapped it and put it in his mouth. He use to just carry them around; guess he's grown up since Halloween! He smiled and laughed as his mouth was full of pink bubble gum. I asked him to give it to me but he just smiled, so I watched him as he had it in his mouth. He started to drool more than normal down his face and on his chest, and he seemed to be chewing it like one should chew gum. I was impressed and continued reading "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear" for the 20th time. I looked up to check on the status of the gum and realized it was gone! Gerrit was next to me the whole time so I know he didn't take it out of his mouth and leave it somewhere - he ate it! Oh well, guess his diaper will be colorful! Note to self: Gerrit is not ready to chew gum.

No comments: