Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finally Finished

I mentioned in a previous post that I was knitting something fun for Gerrit. Well, I finally finished it after some tweeking. Here are a few pictures (Gerrit didn't want to cooperate long enough to get a decent photo):



Yep, I knitted him jeans! How fun is that? There are no pockets or a zipper, I stitched them on to look like there are pockets and a zipper. The tweeking I had to do was lengthen them; I don't know what I was thinking when I was measuring them as I went! So I took out the cuff (which is the lighter color that is suppose to look like the inside of the jeans) and added a few inches to each leg. I also realized I had done the waistband wrong too so I fixed that and a week after I had hoped to have them done, they are done! I think Gerrit will show them off tomorrow at church. Normally I wouldn't dress Gerrit in jeans for church (something I took from my childhood), but these are 'dressy' jeans! :)

1 comment:

cora stremler said...

They are adorable and really look cute. They are a specialty jean so qualify for church. Looking for-
ward to seeing him wear them next week-end!


OMAH