
The 3 of us ladies selling merch also received a lovely bag. Julie and I had to laugh b/c its not quite our style. Anyways, I saw a few other friends from the cities too which was nice.
With Adam at his bike race today without us (too cold), we headed back to Roch. to give something back to one of the friends I saw last night. It was easier to drive there then to figure out how to get it to her in the cities. As I was talking to my friend, a woman approaches me and asks if I'm with Go Fish. I said I was last night but I'm off duty today due to having Gerrit with me. She then gave me a backpack with a book in it for helping out! A little later as we were talking another woman approaches me and hands me a gift bag with a few greetings cards in it and a coupon for 4 free cards at the booth!
I couldn't understand why I was getting all this free stuff, especially because I didn't even pay to be there! I was asked a few times if I was just hanging out and going to take in a few sessions today too. I thought maybe if Gerrit and I stayed long enough we'd get free lunch and more free stuff! Too bad Gerrit wanted to run around the arena and I figured these women were here to get away from kids so I should take mine away and let them enjoy their weekend.
I'm glad the guys are singing here again next year because I'm definitely going to offer to help out! Who wouldn't when you are treated as well as I was!
The funny thing is I had never heard of the organization before. I did learn that it is like Promise Keepers for women.
No comments:
Post a Comment