Monday, November 10, 2008

It Could Be Worse

Gerrit's favorite toy (as of late) is this $4 football I picked up for him the other day after his dr. apt. Little did we know just how attached he'd become:

He takes it to bed - this am, instead of crying to let me know he was up, he played with his ball and was talking. When I went to get him, he was smiling and couldn't have been happier!

He couldn't decide if a shower was worth setting the football down. I wouldn't let him shower and have the football at the same time - it is 'pleather' so I doubt it should get soaked!

He wanted to take it to daycare which he has done in the past. I don't like him taking his own toys as it can cause an issue with the other kids. Today I left it in the car and dealt with him upset as we walked into Julie's house.

He wouldn't eat dinner without holding it. We tried setting it on the table for him to look at and have after dinner but he whined and refused to eat. As soon as we let him have it, he smiled and ate willingly. He did struggle to hold his milk and the football, but he managed!

He knows how to properly hold it and run (I think its just a coincidence) - our little running back! He either throws it and runs after it or will just run back and forth in the basement with it.

And now its bedtime again...

Like Adam said, it could be worse - he could be attached to a blanket, a doll or his thumb!

2 comments:

Cara said...

or a red dog?? Just kidding! I was going to call, but I've got a cold & it hurts to talk so I'll call later. Hugs & kisses to G-man!

Caryn said...

you're mean! you've been conspiring with adam havn't you! feel better soon. see you next week!!