Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Tannenbaum

Like my use of German? I still have it after all these years. No, actually I cringe at the thought of German class (sorry Joy), but thought it made a good title....

We went on our yearly afternoon excursion to get our Christmas tree on Wed. I didn't post pictures because I was waiting for the final product, here you go:

The hayride out to the trees:

Attempting a family photo:

Debating whether the tree is actually a white spruce (last year we cut a Fraiser Fur thinking it was a 'beautiful spruce' - it was in the spruce section):


One reason I liked this tree was all the pine cones it had! After they shook the tree, most of my pine cones were found here:
The final product:

2 comments:

mizz_marcy said...

Glad you explained that the one picture is a pile of pine cones. Looked to me like an Amish buggy had been by. LOL

Cara said...

Your tree looks nice. Maybe when you're in town & have some "free" time, you can see mine. We decided not to get a real one (unfortunately) with Ramses & not knowing how he'd react to a real one. I guess I have to settle for my mini fake tree!