I'm home from school today b/c I don't have a voice. The bright side - I was able to sleep in (Adam brought Gerrit to Julie's) and got a few things done that I've been meaning to do. I feel ok, just can't talk. Anyways, I decided to make muffins that my friend Elizabeth has raved about. It calls for flax meal and I figured I'd have to get it at a 'real' grocery store, not my little one in town. I didn't make it to a real grocery store so I thought I'd just see if they had it here in town seeing I needed a few things anyways. And low and behold (a phrase commonly spoken by my mother) they did! Way to go HUB! I need to give them more credit than I do, as they have quite a bit and are willing to get it if you ask.
The weather is beautiful and I took a few minutes to harvest some pumpkins - sound like a true farmer? "Gerrit's" isn't orange yet so I left that one but cleaned up the others that were ready. I noticed a little one had started (seems awefully late in the season) so I decided to write "Birr " on that one, we'll see how it turns out, might not be in time for Halloween, but still a good Fall piece of decor.
One last thing as I need to head out to pick Gerrit up, but he was quite a pistol last night! He didn't want to go to bed. I'm really hoping he isn't becoming a night owl because that isn't my style. I like having my few hours after he goes to bed before I go to bed. I am not sure what his deal was last night but we tried everything: a snack, rocking, laying with him in our bed (which he either jumped on or hopped off and headed for the office where Adam was working), and finally after a 1/2 hr of sheer crying, gave him some Tylonol (our version of sleepy medicine since he can't actually have Benedryl yet). That calmed him down from 11-2 30 and then he started up again. So we brought him back in our bed (hoping this doesn't become a regular thing). He fell asleep right away on me - with his head shoved in my neck! So Adam brought him back to his room - he screamed again! So we brought him back and he slept with us the rest of the night. We have a queen size bed and it wasn't big enough for the 3 of us. Gerrit is like his mother and is a restless sleeper - he was tossing and turning and of course sleeping more perpendicular than horizontal to us. Uggg. We all got some sleep and I am really praying that we can tucker the kid out tonight and get him back on track. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ohh, glad you're trying the muffins. let me know how you like them. when i make them i usually double the recipe so as to not waste the can of pumpkin (you'd almost think i was dutch!!).
good luck with bedtime. those hours of non-kid time before you go to bed are so precious!!
i like the muffins and so does gerrit. i think next time i'd double the recipe too for the same reason! i made some regular size and some mini sized. the mini ones are perfect size for gerrit to hold on to - and i don't have to cut/break them apart! i baked them for 15 min. b/c they were small.
I heard the quote from my mother many times when growing up. Glad to know her memory lives on in things said, years ago!
OMAH
Post a Comment