I had the opportunity to join Anne and the boys at a Minnesota Wild Hockey game. Dave was out of town so they had an extra ticket. I had never been to a professional hockey game before so it was a real treat!

We had great seats too. 6 rows on the corner. Here is the ice before the game, during the intros:

Pictures of the game:


I had a great time. I don't think I have ever watched an entire hockey game (on TV) and really enjoyed it. I know the basics of the game but felt frustrated when penalties were called and I didn't know what they were called for before the explanation. The crowd would get mad/excited and I had to wait for the ref to explain it to totally know what was going on. Its not quite like a basketball game - we had to wait to get back to our seats until there was down time. I guess they don't want you to get in peoples way walking to/from your seat in case a goal is scored seeing they don't get many in a game. All in all I found it to be a fun time, great atmosphere, and wonderful company despite the 1-2 loss. After all I've lived in the "STATE OF HOCKEY" now for 10 yrs, I should get to know the game a bit better!
No comments:
Post a Comment