Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween at the Library

Tonight was Halloween at the Library. We met our friends Nikki and Abby for story time and a parade through the library. Here is the group waiting for a story (Gerrit is the little green blob behind the black/yellow kid standing):

We listened to Halloween stories for almost a 1/2 hour. Gerrit did pretty well sitting on my lap (I had a hard time sitting for that long - boy, I'm getting old!) It was nice he was shy so he didn't wander off!

Following the stories the kids were suppose to line up and walk through the library to show off their costumes. Abby is trying to help Gerrit get in line:

Following the parade (which really wasn't a parade) we went back into the story time room and tried to get a few pics of the kids. Here is one I got with my camera:

Nikki tried to get Abby to give Gerrit a kiss which she was willing to do, Gerrit wasn't willing to let her. He thought it was a chase game and he kept running away from her! I think Gerrit enjoyed looking at all the other kids and I'm glad we made the effort to go.

PS - one of the librarians didn't know Gerrit was a frog! Then again, she's a librarian, what do they know??? Oh, and I was surprised there were not very many homemade costumes. I like the creativity that comes with homemade ones...plus I'm cheap. Sorry Gerrit!

3 comments:

mizz_marcy said...

Nice job on the costume!

Cara said...

I can't wait to see a better pic of his costume. It looks cute from these pics. I'll have to send you a pic of Ramses in his costume, if he stands still long enough! :-)

sarah said...

what a cute hat!!
nice job!!