It was bed time for Gerrit and he was busy stacking his cups as he often does. I told him it was time to go to bed and that he should say good night to dad. I suggested he give him a hug before we head upstairs, thinking he'd continue stacking and ignore me or run away so I couldn't get him. He did neither. He stopped his stacking and walked over to Adam and as Adam reached to give him a hug, Gerrit gave him a 'kiss'. I put it in quotes because a kiss (as we've observed) Gerrit style is his mouth open wide and he puts his lips on your cheek. He did this to Omah when she visited and that was the first time I had seen him kiss anyone! Well, he did it again tonight to Adam. Very sweet to see and melted my heart.
We did the bedtime routine and as I was telling him it was time to go to sleep and put him in his crib, I asked Gerrit for a kiss. I was denied. What's up with that? I thought mom's got it all?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mine, too ^_^
Post a Comment