Tonight is my first overnight away from Gerrit. He's almost 18 months, that's a long time of being together. I'm not doing anything spectacular in my night away. I had conferences tonight till 7 and need to leave again in the morning by 6:30 to sub so it made sense to stay in the cities. So, I'm at my friend Sue's - where I use to stay a lot before Gerrit was born. We're just hanging out. She's so great to me - she makes sure I have muffins for breakfast and Diet Coke in the fridge (she's a Diet Pepsi gal). I'm hoping to get up and run before going to work. I can sleep in a bit too seeing I'm only 15 minutes away. It is weird not seeing Gerrit and knowing I won't see him in the morning too. I just wish my first night away was for a better reason than conferences - like a vacation with Adam or something. I'll get over it.
Update: I called Adam thinking Gerrit would be sound asleep and see how their evening went. Gerrit was at a football game! Anne said she'd watch Gerrit for an hour while Adam went for a bike ride, but her boys wanted to go to the football game. She said she'd take him with. So, at 9 pm, Adam was at their house waiting for Gerrit to come home. He called Anne and she said he was doing fine. I can't believe he's lasted this long - I'm curious to hear if he sat still on her lap the whole time. I'm awaiting a phone call - hopefully soon which means Gerrit will be in bed. And to think he will be going to daycare at 6:30!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment