Monday, October 27, 2008

Endless Job

Gerrit is not a big fan of sitting on our lap and listen to a story. He'd rather look at the book on his own terms. He will spend a lot of time thumbing through a book but is not into having them read to him. I often find myself picking up after this mess is made:


But I've gotten smart and leave it for a few days because I know it will look like this as soon as Gerrit walks back into his room! Its not worth picking up every time he pulls them off, I have other things to do!

Gerrit had his 18 month check up today. He is right on for his height and weight. I forgot his height but he is up to 25+ lbs! The dr. says he's a classic kid - chubby and near the top of the chart early on then once he starts moving more, slims down and is in the middle. When he said slims down I wanted to ask him if he's seen his tummy yet! He looks more like Opah in that area! He did well getting his flu shot and then we had blood drawn. Have to make sure the lead poison question can be put to rest. I wouldn't want to be a lab tech for kids if you paid me a ton of money! That is not an easy job. It took a nurse and myself to keep Gerrit still and then once the tech couldn't find his little vein, I had to switch sides with the tech and try again. Gerrit didn't know what was going on! Poor kid. He was a trooper and as soon as we let go of him, he stopped crying. I don't think it hurt as much as he was scared.

Following the dr. we went for lunch and then shopping. He did get a treat - a little squishy football at Dicks Sporting goods. I couldn't resist - its a little Gopher one and seeing the kid is into football, I might as well teach him how to throw one! (Just kidding).

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

when i first read this, i thought you said his stomach was like oprah. i thought that was such an odd comparison to make. seriously i read it like 3 times before i saw it said opah. ha ha!!!!

Caryn said...

you've been away from calvin and the dutch words too long!