We had a beautiful fall day at Adam's bike race. Gerrit enjoyed hanging out in the backpack watching all the racers. We stopped for 'lupper' on the way home around 3 30. Pizza with Dave tasted good seeing we sort of missed lunch (had snacks during the car ride).
Anyways, we emptied the car and played until bed time. We put Gerrit down at his normal bed time but he didn't seem to want to sleep. I rocked him and laid with him but he still didn't want to settle down. Finally he fell asleep for 20 min. or so. He woke up and started crying again. It dawned on us that he hadn't eaten since pizza at 3 30! So I had to quickly think of something to give him that wouldn't make too much of a mess, be quick, yet filling.
I brought him some milk and a granola bar. Nothing like eating and drinking in the dark on mom's lap after bedtime! After most of the milk was gone and 3/4 of the granola bar, he is sound asleep!
I came back to the basement and said I think he was hungry this whole time - too bad he can't tell us this stuff! Then Adam said, "come to think of it, I'm hungry too". He came back down with 2 pieces of leftover pizza and a corn muffin!
Oops. We'll chalk this one up as a reminder to never skip a meal with Gerrit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment