Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling Proud

Tonight I was invited to a high school volleyball game. It wasn't just any old volleyball game, it was "invite your FAVORITE TEACHER" to the game night. I have a 7th grader who is on the JV team and she invited me! I am battling a terrible cold - I don't have much of a voice but went to school today just because of this volleyball game. She had asked me every day if I was planning on going to the game which I thought was cute. I felt proud that she invited me as silly as she felt inviting a middle school teacher because the rest of the team would have high school teachers. I couldn't let her down. We lost the game but she did very well. Other than looking younger, you never would know she's in 7th grade. Her parents I have known for a long time as I have had her brother and sister in the past too. They both came and talked to me for a while and thanked me for coming. Following the game, Brittany came and thanked me for coming and gave me a thank you note. I didn't take the time to read it in the gym and waited til I got in the car. This is what it said: "Thanks for coming to my volleyball game. I hope you had fun. Love Brittany." I just chuckled after reading it; I don't know what I was expecting it to say - she is only in 7th grade.

I think it is a great idea to invite your teachers to your game. I had wanted to go to one of her games but didn't think I would because it would mean I wouldn't get home till after 7 30. This was a great reason to get me to go and it was nice to see other teachers there as well that probably wouldn't otherwise take the time to go.

No comments: