My schedule this year allows me to be home with Gerrit in the morning. I don't teach 1st period so I don't have to leave real early and Gerrit can wake up on his own (which is earlier than I'd like!). Anyways, we have breakfast together and then get ready for our day casually. Today I was taking care of things in the kitchen and when I am in the kitchen, Gerrit usually is too. He likes to open the garbage can and see what he can reach and throw back out on the ground. Then we tell him to get out and pick up after him and he walks away from it for a few minutes and then he's back at it again. A nice little pattern that gets old real fast especially when he pulls something out that makes a huge mess!
I guess he was still hungry after eating a whole package of instant oatmeal and some melon. What he found in the garbage was his leftovers from dinner Sunday night (which he had some on Mon. for lunch). He found a french fry and started eating it! Nothing like a rubbery, cold, 2 day old french fry to finish your breakfast! It must have tasted good because he ate the whole thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know I am the paranoid-about-safety grandmother, but does everybody know that you don't let kids wearing crocs ride escalators? They have been having lots of injuries. Probably nobody on here has much occasion to ride escalators, but thought I'd just pass it on.
yum yum!
not too long ago, i noticed ryan kept coming out of the kitchen with the crust that i'd cut off olivia's toast. eventually i remembered that i had thrown the crust away. :)
Post a Comment