Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mom and Me Hat

I took off the 'mom hat' and went for a run this morning - by myself! When I returned home I was hoping to keep that 'me hat' on a bit longer and enjoy a few minutes stretching and drinking water (not too much to ask). Well, it wasn't more than 30 sec. after I walked in that the 'me hat' was thrown off and the 'mom hat' forced back on. Gerrit noticed I was home and of course wanted to be by me. I was able to get my water and when I sat down, he wanted some. Here I just ran 5 miles and my son was taking control of my water! How does a 17 month old get control so fast and easily? Not only did he drink most of my water, when I tried to stretch, he thought I was a jungle gym and climbed on me -jumping up and down once he was on top of me. So much for wearing my 'me hat' a little longer. I guess the 'mom hat' is pretty much glued on for the next 18 years...


PS - we are off to Duluth for bike races (yes, one tonight under the lights and one tomorrow). Here's hoping to a good nights sleep for all of us in a hotel room! :)

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

way to go on the 5 miles!! and that's funny about gerrit. they somehow seem to know when you need a few seconds alone :)

oh and as soon as i get done with a run, ryan runs to fridge and says "powerade mom" over and over again.