Gerrit joined the many other toddlers today - he fell down a few stairs. He usually goes down the stairs just fine so I didn't think much of it when I heard him coming. Adam was in the office and I was in the living room. Next thing I hear is a thud, thud, I turn around and see Gerrit sliding down the last few stairs. Don't worry, he didn't fall down many, and they are carpeted. With a few hugs/kisses all was well again. We did give him some yummy medicine in case he had a headache.
During bedtime Gerrit is starting to sit through reading a book - he must be like his mother who didn't like to read when she was young! Anyways, tonight I realized while reading a Dr. Suess book, that they make sense read forward AND backwards! Gerrit liked to back up pages that were already read and the storyline still made sense. That Dr. was really thinking when he wrote some of those books....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear Gerrit's ok after his fall! Is he going to have books added to his Christmas list now? I found some books (from our childhood) that I think he'd like, but only if he has books on his list & you give me the OK! Happy Reading!
Love Aunt Cara :-)
that's really funny about dr. suess books!
the other nice thing about them ... if you skip a few pages ... the book still makes sense (or doesn't) ... and the kids don't know! ha ha ha!
Post a Comment