Tonight Gerrit and I hung out while Adam had meetings in the cities all day and a date with a favorite bike ride following the meetings. I had an exchange to make in Roch. so Gerrit and I headed down there after work.
First stop: JoAnn's. Patterns were on sale and I think I'm going to attempt to make his costume for Halloween (with the help of Omah - dutch for grandma). While looking through the pattern books, Gerrit was in the cart and grabbed a flier that was on the table. He spent most of the time looking at the flier as if it were a book! I was able to get what I needed with little issues from him! Omah would be proud - it was a Burda flier! He even looked at it while in the car going to our next stop.
Dinner: Famous Dave's. I had a hankerin for beef brisket and a corn muffin. I ordered the platter and chose sides that I thought Gerrit would like. I read somewhere that if the kids menu looks full of fried foods, to order something for yourself and share. Seeing he's not even 1 1/2 and doesn't really need a 'full' kids menu with drink and dessert, I decided to share my meal with him. He loved the brisket - who doesn't? And the 'drunken' apples were a hit too. He wasn't too keen on the garlic mashed spuds - a spawn of mine not like garlic mashed spuds? Anyways, the reason I write all this is because he did so well! Of course eating but sitting thru dinner with only me to entertain him. If you know the restaurant, you know the blue grass, upbeat southern music playing throughout....well Gerrit would take breaks from eating and bob to the music while sitting in the high chair. I couldn't help but laugh. And at times, he was watching sports center - football preview. Now that IS a spawn of mine! :)
Next stop: Old Navy for an exchange. I found the correct size shirt and was doing the exchange at the register and put Gerrit in the cart after I spent 5 min. chasing him through the store. (I felt bad he had been buckled in everywhere we went tonight, I thought I'd let him walk and be free seeing this stop was a quick one.) I tried just setting him in the basket part of the cart seeing it was just to keep him in one spot while I tended to business - well he tried to climb out! So, in the front he went. Well, he reached over and pulled a credit card application off the counter and began playing with it like it was a book. I finished the exchange and went to put the application back (he hadn't crumpled it or eaten it - it was in good shape) but he wouldn't let me! So, we took that in car too.
Next stop: Target - well it was suppose to be but I didn't feel like it so we headed home.
Once we were at home we learned that Adam was going to be later than he thought which meant Gerrit had to go with me on my run. It was getting dark so I quickly changed and off we went. I had a pretty good run - fairly fast considering I was pushing about 30+ lbs with me and I hadn't had much of a break all day (except driving in the car). After a little cat nap in the stroller, he was ready to play ball with Dad who rolled in shortly after we did.
A busy day but fun and productive - my kind of a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
whew!! i'm tired just reading about your day!! way to go doing all that with gerrit in tow.
my favorite part is gerrit not liking garlic :) oh and him running around old navy.
Post a Comment