Sunday, September 28, 2008

Duluth

We had a nice short trip to Duluth. We stayed in a hotel with a pool and Gerrit and I hung out while Adam and dentist Dave raced the evening race under the lights. Gerrit and I went swimming and dined at a fine establishment next to the hotel (left w/ no car) - Country Kitchen (it really was quite disgusting but we made the best of it). The pool was nice and hot tub was even better we thought. Surprisingly Gerrit went to bed well considering we all slept in the same room. I had to sit in the dark for a few minutes but then was able to knit and watch Big 10 football quietly. Here is Gerrit's favorite part of the hotel:

We may have a safe cracker in the family!

Gerrit and I did attend the Sunday race. We stopped at friends' of friends' home who we've met through the cycling community. Gerrit and I hung out there while Adam and Dave went to the race venue early and help finish setting up the course (friend of friend put the 2 races on). Gerrit had fun chasing their dogs and the dogs had fun chasing him too. He fell asleep on the way to the race (10 min. from their home!) so he missed the 1st half of dad's race! When he woke up he enjoyed seeing the bikers and being outside.


The happy family overlooking the race and a beautiful view of Lake Superior:

The view minus the happy family.

1 comment:

Cara said...

It looks like you had a beautiful day. I like Gerrit's hat too!