Besides next weekend, summer vacation is over. I really enjoyed my summer and could use a few more weeks. Some years I'm ready to go back, but not this year. Going to the pool after nap time, hanging out with the boys and 'sleeping in' has been great! I'm not looking forward to getting up to an alarm tomorrow; I must admit, it has been over a year since I really had to get up to a clock. But, we will survive; Gerrit's bed time has been moved up and I think he will like a routine again. I will miss him during the day but look forward to the evenings and treasure the time I can watch him ride his bike and play golf (and tackle Adam in football) as those are the favorite activities when we go outside. I'm getting emotional now...stupid hormones!
Anyways, we had a fabulous day. Church, Bridget's, naps, and then off to the farm again. This time, the Dahlen family was there too so we got a ton done! Adam took his bike and snuck in a bike ride on roads he normally doesn't travel. Gerrit had his bike and couldn't get enough of it. The only time he was off it was when he fell into a hole (he has a few scrapes to prove this happened more than once) and to eat guac and chips that was made fresh! Luke was put in charge of Gerrit and I was able to help pick tomatoes for nearly 4 hours! It was so relaxing to be out in the cool temps, with the sun shining and the only things to listen to is our conversation and nature. Gerrit saw the horses again and had a blast! He pushed his bike up the hill where the house stood and then 'coasted' down, usually singing or watching Luker on the little purple girls' bike. It was fun to take a break and watch them. Before we left we took a walk to the river and put our feet in it - cold! Gerrit even dipped his feet in and said it was cold.
We were able to walk away with some more veggies too. I'm going to try and make zucchini bread for the first time and try to fix the beets for Adam on the grill. (No, I did not eat any last time as the smell reminded me of childhood and I couldn't stomach the thought of eating one - now that I'm an adult and have the choice to eat it or not).
Once we were home, I quickly showered and cleaned up Gerrit. I headed to the movies with the girls - saw 'The Proposal' (cute and worth seeing). Adam put Gerrit down and did some work.
We are going to try and head out to the farm next weekend too as there are a ton of tomatoes that will need to be picked again! Michael, Deb's hubby thought we picked over 200 lbs of tomatoes today - give Anne and I a job and we do it well! Although after the farm, we will head to Lake City for the last pool party of the season too.
Tomorrow afternoon we will find out the fate of our family...if it will be symmetrical or I will forever be outnumbered...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I pray that it is symmetrical...but either way, as long as baby & mom are healthy, I'll be happy! :-) We can't wait until the mystery is solved.
Post a Comment