So I decided today that the potty training is going to be put on hold (I think Adam is relieved). We are more trained to when Gerrit has to go than he is, so its not worth forcing. Plus the thought of dealing with diapers during Adam's race schedule this fall is more appealing to me than finding a bathroom! (Sometimes they are hard to find at parks etc where they have the bike races.) I think next time will be easier as he has the idea of what to do just needs to know how to listen to his body more. I said I'd give it a try before school starts and we did, so now we can go places and not worry about the time or if there will be an accident!
We are off to celebrate our anniversary and Adam's birthday tonight at Axel's (in Lilydale) - a fav. of ours. Gerrit will be in heaven playing at Dahlen's and won't miss us. Tomorrow on Adam's birthday, we had to Dahlen's for dinner with our cycling friends - the friends from France are in town for a bit.
Cool temps and rain makes me think falls on its way...I am not quite sick of the pool yet, summer needs to stick around a little longer - I know Gerrit would like that too, the little fish that he is in the water!
1 comment:
it's annoying when they don't want to do it on our timetable. but i think with ryan it was soooo much nicer to do it when he was really ready. then it takes just a few days and no one gets too frustrated.
although with boys, finding a bathroom out in public is way easier than with girls! i can't tell you the number of times ryan has peed on some random bush or tree :)
good luck with it, whenever it happens :) and don't worry, 2 in diapers isn't as bad as you'd think. well except when you have to buy them!
Post a Comment