Thursday, August 13, 2009

Less than a Week

Gerrit moved into his new room when we returned from MI. He made the adjustment quite well and now likes his 'big bed'. Here he is sleeping in his new bed - he looks so big!


This morning was the first time he got out of bed on his own. Usually he'll cry and expect someone to get him out of bed, but not today. I heard a strange pitter patter of little feet and when I opened my eyes, Gerrit was eye level next to my bed with his blanket in hand. I lifted him in bed with me and we snuggled for a bit. I like not hearing a cry when I need to get up in the morning, seeing his face is much better!

After a bit, Gerrit whispered to me: "Mom, waffles?"
I'll have to work on saying 'good morning' and then ask for the waffles!



A few shots of his new room. My mom is working on a few more throw pillows but the bicycle fabric I ordered had not come yet when we were in MI. The railing that I used growing up (these are the bunks I slept on) is only for the top bunk (and not real safe) so we are using the Dahlen boys' railings as they don't need them anymore. I made the cycling frames myself and I think I'm going to do more with Mod pod stuff - its quite slick! For the most part his room is done and I think he can sense the theme as this morning he was impressed with they Ride poster next to his dresser.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mizz_marcy said...

The room looks great. You did a nice job with the cycle frames.

Cara said...

Ah, the memories of the bunk beds!!! Do you remember me lifting you up from the bottom bunk? Maybe when Gerrit gets older, he can play that "game" with his younger sibling! The room looks great & I'm glad he's enjoying the "big bed" now too!