Sunday, August 16, 2009

"It's Like Training a puppy"

The title quote was spoken out of the mouth of Adam Birr today in regards to potty training Gerrit. I thought about training Gerrit this weekend but didn't want to be confined to the house by myself all weekend without Adam...but seeing today was suppose to be rainy, I thought we'd give it a go, and seeing Gerrit doesn't go back to daycare till Tues., we can give it a whirl for 2 days and then decide if its working...as of today, it's NOT working! 4 pairs of underwear, 2 pull ups, a lot of paper towel and I don't know if he is getting the idea. Adam wanted to go for a walk this afternoon and I said I didn't want to be too far from home with the potty training. At first Adam thought I was weird but by dinner and who knows how many accidents, he was totally on board with me!

I would like a few months of no diapers and even a few weeks of no extra bags with kid stuff in it...we shall see.

I had to laugh at Adam and his comment on the puppy. I have never had to train a puppy and can only imagine the similarities. I havn't given up as Gerrit has shown signs he is ready (so I think) but will throw in the towel if necessary. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Kristin and Mike said...

You go woman! I am in the heat of finally getting the girls trained at 3 1/2! Try it with two of them and a 5 month at home too...exhausting for sure!