Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bed Time

Gerrit and I sleep in the loft at my parents. I decided to try Gerrit next to me on his own air mattress instead of the pack and play this time. (Our goal is to move Gerrit to his new room when we return Thurs.) I figured we could practice here and get the idea of a bed...well it has worked sort of ... I have to lay by him until he falls asleep or else he'll get up. It has not been real fun laying next to him when I would like my own 'down time' before I go to sleep. I've been tempted to put him back in the pack and play so I could leave but I have not caved yet and we don't have many nights left. Tonight he was playing and I was sick of laying there so I warned him that I was leaving if he continued...well he continued so I left. He cried but he didn't come down from the loft! I'm not sure where I will find him sleeping when I go to bed but I figured we are headed in the right direction. I do not want to have to lay by him every night once we are home and hope that this isn't a pattern...tonight confirmed that it isn't (I hope!). Here's hoping for a smooth transition in a few days (and Adam has finished getting the room ready)!

No comments: