Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goodhue County Fair

Amongst the chaos of Adam building a new bike before his big weekend, we found some time to go to the fair. Lucky for us, it is just on the edge of town so we don't have far to go. The night we went was the night of the tractor pull. Adam was interested in going seeing it had been years since he last saw one and Gerrit and I had never been. I must say, it was kind of interesting despite the little rain we sat through. Gerrit loved the tractors but did not last through the whole thing so we left and went to see the animals. I think of all the animals he saw, the cows were by far Gerrit's favorite. He had to go back a few times to see them. We spent a little time watching the goat judging while we waited for the rain to stop. Dessert was dip n' dots. Gerrit wasn't so sure about them and preferred to see the cows over the ice cream. So I sat at ate them (my first official bowl of dip n' dots too). Our county fair is small but the perfect size to get a 'taste' of what a fair is like. We did not look in all the buildings seeing it was getting late but made it to the important ones - the animals!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cara said...

nice pics & I love the one of Adam & Gerritt walking hand-in-hand.