I posted pictures of the farm visit from today in the post below this one but I'll tell about the trip here...
Deb from the bike shop has a farm not far from Z-town and has a lot of veggies that need harvesting...so I thought I'd take the boys out to the farm and help her out. Well, Paul didn't feel well so he stayed home so it was Luker, Gerrit and I. Gerrit was excited about the farm all day. I told him that after nap time we were going to the farm to see the horses...that made nap time come a bit quicker than usual! :) Anyways, we saw 4 of the 5 horses (one was on the other side of the stream) and Gerrit did not want to get too close to them but liked seeing them. Then we got to work - we helped with beans and I learned how to pick potatoes. Gerrit helped bring the weeds to the brush pile with Luke in the wagon and then they rode bikes. It was great, they could ride all over the place and not get into trouble! Amber, the dog loved chasing them too. We stayed longer than I thought and had a blast. It came time to wash the veggies and Luke was in charge of the hose...lets just say Gerrit got a 'little' wet. He liked putting his hand in the stream and watching the splash it would make. Soon he was running right thru the stream and was soaked! We tried to wash the potatoes between Gerrit running in our way and managed to get most of the dirt off the potatoes and other veggies. Gerrit would laugh and lose his footing and fall over - onto the freshly mowed (long) grass! So not only was he wet, he was full of grass by the time we were done. I let him have his fun and when it was time to leave, stripped him naked, tried to hose him off again (for some reason he didn't want to be sprayed by the cold hose water any more!), and put him in the car in just a diaper. This was beneficial because he ate crackers and finished off my 7-up which was spilled down the front of him! Anyways, before we left, we took one more trip out to see the horses. By now, only 2 were left on this side of the stream but that was just fine. Gerrit actually touched one of them and was starting to warm up to them. Luke was kind enough to pick him up, sopping wet, to get close to the horses. I was fine, taking pictures from a distance! We hope to head back to the farm and help out some more before the harvest season is over. I truely enjoyed myself and felt so relaxed! I love that Deb did the planting and the tough part and I could help reap the benefits of a long summer of gardening for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment