We are half way through our first week back to school/daycare and I can tell getting up earlier and no afternoon naps are catching up - with ME! Gerrit is adjusting to the earlier mornings and we are trying to figure out how to handle a somewhat cranky toddler while getting ready for work! It's an adjustment for all of us.
A side note on potty training: Gerrit seems to be going at daycare! Julie will put him on the potty and he goes! He still isn't to the point of telling her when he has to go, but at least he's staying familiar with the concept and hopefully it will click sooner than later. The nice thing is she doesn't go through as many diapers now either! Guess we should continue reinforcing the idea at home now too! My hope is to only have 1 kid in diapers...we shall see!
When I figure out how to scan photos, I will post a few pictures of the ultrasound...its chaos at school so its low on my to-do list - I will do it, just might not be till next week some time.
We are trying to get Gerrit familiar with the idea of a baby brother, rather than just 'baby'. He knows where the baby is and every time we talk about his baby brother, he says "baby Jack" - why Jack? He met baby Jack this summer at Sandy Pines - my good friend Amy had a baby in April and his name is Jack so Gerrit thinks all babies are 'baby Jack'.
No, we will not be naming this next one Jack - its a one syllable name and we need 2. We are in the process of generating a list of potential names and can tell it will be an on-going discussion the next few months. With naming Gerrit, we had it chosen well before we even decided to have kids! So now it's hard to come up with a name that we feel as strongly about as we did with Gerrit! It'll come (hopefully).
Gerrit continues to amaze us with his love for cycling. He will cry when he sees Adam leave for a ride and he does not get to go with. The way he says 'cyclocross' is so cute too; he tries to mimic the concept of cyclocross by lifting his bike up the front step and ride through the grass. As Adam was putting him to bed tonight, Gerrit was whispering: "bike ride, baby brother" - good thing the Burley is a 2 seater as Gerrit will have to share the ride next year!
And I'm too lazy to get the camera and download some pictures that were taken this week too. Sorry, again it'll happen soon. It always seems like the camera and I are not near each other when I update the blog. I got to work on that one.
I felt the urge to pull out all the newborn clothing etc we had from Gerrit, cousin Max, and our friends Soren/Anders...I lost count of the number of newborn sleepers we have ready to go! I quit after getting through the 3-6 months size and have more bins to go through these next few weeks. Just want to take inventory of what we have and what we need to stock up on before Jan. Even though Gerrit and the baby will be off a bit on sizing, cousin Max was born in Dec, so some of his clothes that Gerrit didn't wear will be used this time around. (I'm still bummed I don't get to inherit cousin Ella/Mia's clothes.) Anyways, getting excited and its starting to seem real that we will be having a little one around here sooner than later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment