It's hard to believe it was 11 years ago that Adam and I were married. Amazing where we started out and what we've done in these years. I don't think I would've thought that we'd be in Minnesota (still), living in a small town with a child and one on the way! But I wouldn't change it for the world.

Adam surprised me by having these clam back chairs refinished as an anniversary gift. 3 years ago when we moved into the house, Adam's dad brought them from MI, they were Adam's grandparents. They needed some serious work and so I spent a good week stripping the paint and getting them ready to be sanded (what else is there for a teacher to do in the summer pre-kids?). Adam was to sand them and then paint them...remember this was 3 years ago. So there they sat, tipped against the garage for 3 years. Finally Adam called a company (down the street from our house) and they said they would sandblast them and paint them for a decent price. While Gerrit and I were in MI, Adam had them taken care of. Our color choices were limited seeing the company actually makes iron railings for homes etc so white was it. I am pretty excited to sit in them now (or someday when Gerrit will play in one spot) and they look great. To think they are over 60 years old!
As I sit here and write this post Adam is in WI for a bike 'race' with a friend from town. Not the most romantic way to spend an anniversary but it was something he really wanted to do and so I said he could go. We'll go out for dinner this week and celebrate his birthday as well and it will all work out. He did call me mid ride to wish me a happy anniversary which was very thoughtful. Gerrit and I spent the morning poolside in Lake City with Team Beat and then Dahlen's had us over for pizza so I didn't have to cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment