Gerrit has a habit of waking up around 5 30 or so each morning. Rather than start our day that early, we bring him into bed with us hoping to get a bit more shut eye. Usually this works and I do believe we have started a habit too. The other morning was no different. The nice thing about that morning is that he slept past 7 am! I luckily got up (usually I rely on Gerrit to wake up at 7 which he usually does like clockwork - scary!) and began getting ready. I did all that I could upstairs in the dark and decided to get myself some breakfast. I finished eating and still didn't hear Gerrit so I decided I should wake him if we were going to get to Julie's on time. When I got to the top of the stairs, Gerrit stood there looking at me in the semi-dark hallway! Usually when he wakes up he is crying and wants to be carried. I was shocked to think that he woke up and didn't cry and got himself off the bed and headed to the stairs. I thought for sure he would freak out because there wasn't anyone in bed with him!
Since then, I have been thinking that we have some moving around to do in the house. It won't be long before Gerrit will either attempt to climb out of his crib or just want to sleep in a big bed. Our plan is to move him to the office where the bunk beds are and move the computer out. I think the switcheroo won't take place until summer, but my creative juices have been flowing lately...big boy room here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Hopefully you will be as lucky as us...the girls NEVER (I may have just jinxed myself) get out of their big girl beds. They always wait for us to tell them to get up. I wonder if they would stay in there until noon if I tried it someday. Hmmmmmmm......
I hate to say it but... my kids (especially ryan) are the exact opposite of Kristin's. No fair!!
Post a Comment