Saturday, January 24, 2009
The First of Many
Gerrit fell this morning and hit his head hard enough to draw blood. The odd thing was it didn't seem to bother him any more than when he normally falls. I noticed something red on the back of his sweatshirt and when Adam looked closer he noticed a small cut on his head and blood was slowly going down his head - hence the blood 'red' that I saw. We gave him a bath so we could clean up his head and take a better look at it too. The whole time Gerrit didn't seemed bothered by it - we were the ones concerned! Adam felt awful because it happened under his watch. I said its going to happen and I'm sure many times too! It stopped bleeding shortly after he got out of the tub so our level of concern lowered. A little Motrin and a hot dog for lunch seemed to make the kid happy - he was annoyed by us holding his head still! It was a bit scary but I think we handled ourselves pretty well for the first 'blood' incident. Cousin Max had been glued many times by this age so we are doing quite well! We'll see what happens this summer. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear he is doing fine and wasn't too bothered. I guess that means he'll be tough enough to handle many things in life!
Post a Comment