Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Low Can It Go?

Yep, pretty low....my thermostat in the car read - 23 this am, on my way to work! Yikes. That is darn cold. All the schools where we live were canceled the night before but not the city schools. I guess they think those kids are tough and can handle waiting for the bus with wind chills in the -40s!!! As the day progressed we did warm up to a balmy -8. Tomorrow is suppose to be just as cold but we are to get above zero by the end of the day.

A few examples of just how cold it is here:

  • I ran into Subway for dinner and all the cars in the parking lot were still running and no one was in the cars
  • I went to get the laundry from the dryer to fold and a turtle neck sweater was damp, I mean stiff - it was slightly frozen!
  • I got a few gallons of gas this am and just my finger was numb from touching a piece of metal on the nozzle.
  • The sun was out all day, I need my sunglasses on a regular basis (unlike MI when you won't need them from Oct - April).
I can't complain, it is always temporary but none the less, darn cold! Heading to temps that are 80 degrees warmer tomorrow night is a welcoming thought.

1 comment:

cora stremler said...

It is fun to listen to all the sports announcers talk about how cold it is in Minn. Glad I don't live there. Michgan is okay, just wish we had more sunshine.