Monday, January 26, 2009
Interests as of Late
Lately Gerrit has been into a few new things. I was able to capture a few pictures to show you just what the little guy has been doing....
A 3rd generation knitter? He loves to sit and play with my yarn. Luckily he doesn't demand skeins of it and is content with scrap yarn!
Rearranging the silverware drawer. One night he emptied almost all of his silverware (near the front) on the floor - I loved filling the dishwasher with them! Notice the silverware on the right - he moved the salad forks and large spoons to the side of the tray. (I did move the knives that normally sit in the side before he did this!) When I set the table for dinner, he'll often add his own silverware that he thinks we must need.
He loves his hockey stuff he got for Christmas. There are 4 balls like this blue one and they just fit under the furniture. Often we spend our time looking like Gerrit here locating the balls. He likes to look and then points if he sees them and we of course have to get down on our knees and actually get them from under the furniture.
He's practicing his shooting skills - put it this way, hockey is not in his blood! Notice the way he is holding his stick? We've tried numerous times to get him to turn it around but he won't. I think golf is more in his blood - hence his grip on the stick too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I now have the hockey picture as computer wallpaper. Great Grandma just loves that because it makes it so big. She always says it's like having Gerrit right in the house.
Let me know if you need any more scrap yarn. When are you going to train him to wind it for you?
i got smart - when adam quit winding i bought a winder and swift. gerrit likes to turn the knob so it might not be long and he'll be winding!
I'm just waiting for the picture of Gerrit unraveling a whole skein of yarn when mom is busy :) I think Olivia got into my stuff once and I ended up throwing it away since she combined several skeins into one huge mess. Undoing that ranks right up there with untangling jewelery. yuck!
here's hoping to never give eliza her wish! :0
Post a Comment