Friday, January 16, 2009

Determined

I really should be emptying the dishwasher and getting the house in order before we leave for the weekend but I wanted to post this before I forgot:

I decided to change our bedding before we left (see, I did do something to get the house in order!) and Gerrit was playing upstairs. He saw me in our room and decided that because the bed was cleared off, it would be a good time to get on it and play. I of course told him to give me a few minutes till I was done and then he could get on the bed. Not wanting to wait, he left the bedroom and returned a few minutes later with the footstool from his room. He put it close to the edge of the bed and was able to get up all by himself! Got to give the kid credit for his problem solving abilities!

He just finished his breakfast and put his empty plate in the sink (threw it in the sink seeing he can't actually reach it to set it down - glad we use plastic!)

1 comment:

cora stremler said...

hat's the OMAH part in him!!!