Yesterday:
After Gerrit finished breakfast, I put his leftover pear in the frig to eat when we got home. On that same plate was a small piece of Belgium waffle. When we got home, I took out the plate and remembered I did not throw away the waffle. It was pretty soggy, so I tossed it in the garbage and then gave Gerrit his fruit. Shortly after we were home and he began playing, I noticed he was eating the waffle that I had throw away! He didn't seem to mind that it was soggy and pulled out of the garbage!
Today:
We were waiting for Adam to get home from work and seeing he was running late, I decided we deserved a snack. I bought a box of the cereal Ohs (so yummy and reminds me of my childhood days visiting Joy) and had given Gerrit a few this morning at breakfast. He loves them just like his mommy. Anyways, I thought we'd munch of a few of them while we waiting for Adam and dinner. I emptied his snack dish (with a spill proof lid) which had old Cherrios in it and filled it with the Ohs. I gave myself a little bowlful as well. We both enjoyed our snack and Gerrit even started taking mine out of my bowl even though his were not gone yet. We both finished them and that was that. Then Gerrit disappeared and when he came out of the kitchen, I heard a sound like there was something in his snack bowl. I thought he had finished his a while ago. As I walked by to start dinner, I glanced in his bowl to see the Cherrios I had thrown in the garbage were now back in his bowl!
I guess the kid doesn't like to waste food - I think I need to put a lock on the garbage before he starts to eat something that is spoiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment