Friday, August 6, 2010

Soccer Camp Recap

This is how Gerrit looked on Monday...

The warm up game of "What time is it Mr. Wolf?"
Gerrit was caught last night and had to be a wolf. I love the picture of him 'sleeping'. The top left picture Gerrit is still shy and scared of the wolf (red shirt, Tuesday). The bottom left is Gerrit up close to the wolf on Thursday.

Not paying attention to the directions:

Not quite sure what this look is all about, he would put his shirt in his mouth (nervous?):

Soccer bowling:

Emmit was eyeing Gerrit's water bottle one night:

How Emmit kept himself entertained while having to sit through soccer camp:

In action, no longer scared:

Look at my pinny!

A PE teacher's worst nightmare - sitting on a ball! I'll have to work with him on this one.

Gerrit in his surfer pose. (The little girl in the left by her dad never figured out camp. She wouldn't go on the field w/o him and often preferred to sit and watch the babies.)

The surfer was caught and turned into a crab:

Much needed drink break:

Look at those toe touches!

Freeze tag: Gerrit learning how to spread his legs to make room for someone to unfreeze him.

Scrimmaging (and almost going to fall)

Receiving his certificate from coaches Joey and Tom.

We think Gerrit had a great time. Not sure if he'll be a soccer player as he showed aspects of football while scrimmaging, but it was good for him to try something new. (He would push kids out of the way during the scrimmage last night. We told him he couldn't do that and his response was they were blocking the ball and he couldn't get to it!)
One of my favorite parts of camp was listening to the coaches. I learned a few games I wouldn't have thought to put soccer skills in to them (which I can use now that I'm teaching a little elem. PE this year). But my favorite was their British accents!

No comments: