Luke started tackle football this week and was very excited to show Gerrit his gear. After the farm, I dropped the boys off and Dahlen's and went and took a shower. When I returned, Gerrit was playing football with the boys in the yard. He could barely stand up, needed help getting up once tackled, could hardly walk (which is why Paul is carrying him), but loved the idea of playing real tackle!
Following football and bike riding, we headed inside where the boys played Wii. Gerrit has now graduated from needing a piece of candy and rubber band on the remote to doing it all by himself. He even beat his dad on a hole tonight!
Its a sad thought to think summer is almost over. I have one week left before I head back to work for meetings etc. Gerrit has so much fun hanging out with the big boys! Good thing they live behind his daycare and will come over and play with him after school once in a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment