Sunday, August 29, 2010

Down on the Farm

Friday I took all of the boys to the farm. This was my last chance to help out before school started so I thought I'd take Emmit too so he could enjoy the fresh air and fun on the farm. We set up the pack n play and he played well in it and took a few naps too. This allowed me to pick beans (Gerrit is pulling the wagon back to the barn from the field, bottom right). We enjoyed a break and yummy brownies (middle bottom). Emmit even went on a tractor ride with Paul. We did not stay all day but I was able to help get a few things done for Deb. I'm sad my 'farming days' have come to an end as school starts up for me tomorrow. Bummer...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cara said...

What do they do with all the produce? Do they sell it or do you take it home? That wagon had a ton of beans in it!

Caryn said...

sell it to a few restaurants in the area and bring it to farmer's markets. the plus of helping is free produce! i took some beans that day and have some other produce in the frig as well as salsa that i assisted in making.