Friday, February 6, 2009

So Thankful

Gerrit has boycotted his high chair and must eat now like the big people - on a real chair. He has his own place mat that he was given and loves to look at it. We spend much of dinner telling him what animal he is pointing at on his place mat. It is starting to get old, I think I need to switch to a different place mat to spice things up! Anyways, during dinner we somehow got on the topic of drilling Gerrit with facial features. To our surprise he knew where his nose was! Neither of us had really stressed that as of late.

We then said how thankful we are to have Julie. She thinks of everything! I said if I stayed home with him everyday, I would be pathetic! I just don't think of all the little things and take for granted what I know and what Gerrit is still learning. Its nice to know he's getting educated somewhere! :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Did we give him that placemat? So glad to hear it is getting use...and tormenting you (Ha, Ha Ha!)Just Kidding! It is like those loud toys people give you....fun for the kid not so much for you.

Nikki said...

I think I commented on the wrong day...it was the next day for the last comment that I ment to comment... but for today- I am pathetic, somehow I happen to have a bright daughter who picks up on these things, but I don't remember teaching them.