Monday, December 15, 2008

Welcome Winter!

No snow day today here in MN but if we lived in MI I bet there would have been one today. I knew it was going to be cold so I wore my poofy coat (I hate wearing it b/c it is so big but on really cold days, I bust it out) and put Gerrit's fleece hat on him b/c it covers more of his head than my cute knitted ones. He wore his mittens as did I because my car read -4 (actual temp)! As I drove further north, the temp continued to drop! Yikes. The sun did shine which seemed to make it 'feel' warmer. The wind chill was -30s and this lasted for 2 days so far. It is now snowing and is suppose to get balmy warm 20s later this week! This will feel like a heat wave and I think I will be able to switch to my thinner coat once again. How much longer before spring?

2 comments:

Cara said...

i'm baking some cookies for my cookie exchange, but wanted to take a break to see if you posted anything. I'm sure glad I don't live there with those temps & no snow (or not much). It doesn't seem right to be that cold & not have snow! They are saying that we will be getting between 2 & 5 inches tonight. It should make for an interesting commute in the morning! Well, I have to get more cookies made. See you in a week or so! :-)

elizabeth said...

i definitely don't miss those cold temps!!! hopefully it will warm up for next week when i'm out :)