His first 2 syllable word was (is, its his only 2 syllable word) FOOTBALL! (I'm hoping his 3 syllable word is basketball!)
The other night we were at friends and Gerrit seemed to disappear which didn't bother us because there were plenty of other kids around to watch him. When he did appear, he was carrying a ball. I think I saw him with 4-5 different balls throughout the night. Of all the toys he could play with he stuck to the balls. Go figure...
Then, he was hanging out with Adam as Adam was organizing his bike closet and guess what Gerrit spotted....
Yep, Adam's regulation size basketball! It was as if Gerrit found gold. He played with that all afternoon and had to sit with it even. Here we are watching the MSU basketball game and yes, he had to have the basketball on his lap. He even tries to shoot hoops with it - with his fisher price plastic hoop. I did check to make sure it would fit through the hoop - if he could ever get it up that high. Luckily its pretty heavy for him so he can't throw it far or high.Besides getting snow and being quite cold, this is what we've been up to lately...playing with balls!
No comments:
Post a Comment