Today we made the trek to Sibley to watch a student of mine play basketball. She's in 7th grade playing on the 10th grade team (the team I use to coach a few years back). I went to her JV volleyball game too this fall as her honoree favorite teacher. Adam and Gerrit came with me and we made an afternoon out of it. The only bummer is she must have been sick b/c she wasn't there! We stayed and watched the 1st half of the game and then went to our favorite restaurant for lunch...PUNCH! yum!
Gerrit loved climbing the bleachers, once he figured out how. There was plenty of room for him to roam and he took full advantage of it. At one point he noticed the little basketball I had in his diaper bag and grabbed it. We thought he was going to throw it on the court so Adam took him to the side of the bleachers and let him play there while I watched the game. The side that he took him too had a hoop by it too. Gerrit immediately grabbed the ball and pointed to the hoop. So Adam would lift him up and let him shoot. He even tried shooting from the ground and of course came no where near making it! Adam didn't even show him the hoop, he knew what to do and wanted to shoot.
I'll try and get to a game in which she's actually playing later this season. It was nice to have Adam and Gerrit there to keep me company and fun to watch Gerrit's reaction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment