Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Boy Helper

This morning when it was time for breakfast, Gerrit ran into the dining room and got himself up on the chair (not his high chair). I decided to see how he would do eating there instead of his normal routine of being strapped into his high chair. Things were going well until he climbed on the table! Then he moved to the high chair! However at dinner he again went right for a grown up chair and refused to sit in his high chair. I at least grabbed his portable booster seat which he sat in during dinner. I think it is time to clean the high chair and put it to sleep, we're moving on up!


Following dinner we had to empty the dishwasher before we could load it with the dinner dishes. Gerrit loves to help unload. He'll put all of the dishes on the counter for us and even try to put the tops of his sippy cups on the bottoms! At random times during the day he will take all of his kid silverware out of the drawer and set it on the counter. We have started a bad habit of allowing him to sit on the counter and watch me prepare breakfast. This is when he gets his first gulp of milk in the am as well as his banana. He sits fine and has slipped off only once. Anyways, because he likes to see what's going on I bought him the little step stool that he is standing on in the picture. Little did I know it would assist me in getting the dishwasher emptied! I would've bought one a long time ago had I know that!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I remember the days of mom leaving us a note saying we had to empty the dishwasher (& a ton of other chores!); you got the top shelf & I got the bottom! Now I wish I had a dishwasher!